Native Indonesia, the coconut palm is typical of tropical countries and produces a wonderful fruit: coconut.
Coconut is a fruit that contains very important sources of fat, proteins and fibers.
Its shape is ellipsoidal, with a hard brown shell and inside white pulp with water.
The famous coconut water is really full of wellness properties.
Nothing is left out of coconut, even the very hard shell can be used for various accessories and tools
Also leaves are useful and people use to make baskets, mats, hats and to cover the roofs of houses.
From the flowers, instead, a typical drink is produced
- Many people confuse the coconut milk with coconut water!
Coconut water is the liquid that naturally produces the coconut fruit while coconut milk is obtained by squeezing the pulp and then adding water and then filtering.
- coconut doesn’t contain water it means that is not fresh.
- In some countries coconut milk replaces mother’s milk to feed babies.
- A sugar with a low glycemic index can be extracted from the coconut palm.
- From the pressing of dried pulp is obtained coconut oil which is very fatty therefore used in the kitchen to replace animal fats or for cosmetic industries.
Coconut has antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties.
It can also be eaten by those who follow a vegan diet or are lactose intolerant.
Coconut is rich of the lauric acid so it has beneficial effects on the nervous system; moreover it is rich in fiber so it is useful for intestinal transit. When you applied on the skin, coconut milk helps to remove make-up residues and has an anti-age action on the skin.